Galveston

Monday, October 04, 2010

Day 108 - Seeing old friends and making new ones

Today was a GREAT day!  I got to meet up with one of my old cadets from the Zoo!  He was flying through on a leg of his mission...  I wish we had a little more time to talk, but he was carrying flying the HR of one of our fallen heros in the war!  
Here we are MajZ and me on the ramp of his C17

This guy was one of those I thought would go FAR in the AF!  And he has proven me correct...he is a two below and just got back from being an Olmsted scholar in Israel where he took his family for a year long adventure.  He, his wife and 3 kids made the best of it and did a little traveling!  What a way for the AF to take care of our Airmen...send them off for opportunities like this around the world.


After this, I went over to the Battle of Britain ceremony which included a parade, ceremony, C-130 flyby, food and games.  It was great to see this event on the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain and for the UK to have some fun!  Look at what they fed us...fish and chips!!!!
Fish and Chips the UK way!!!! Yummy


1 comment:

Bettina said...

What a fine USAF officer that cadet has become, so neat to cross paths with them again...well, most of them! LOL