Galveston

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Gitmo

WOWZA...
Today was a great day for the Keystone Fellows. It was up early to load the bus at 0445 to drive over the Langley for our charter flight to Gitmo, CUBA!!! Yeah, we were headed to Gitmo to see detainee ops, up front and personal.
After the three hour flight we arrived to a little warm 80+ degree heat at Gitmo. Then it was a little ferry ride over to the main part of the base and some intro briefs. Good overview of the ops from the Admiral...
However, the highlight was visiting the courthouse and Area V and VI to see how we handle the detainees. Note: it's detainees and not prisoners...for a $37M facility, not too bad!
In fact, very NICE!!! We had a tour of two of the facilities and got to see how great our Guards (Army and Navy) were taking care of this important mission. You can rest assured that our Armed Forces are doing it RIGHT! No matter what you hear in the news, I have seen it first hand (or eyeball) and we are taking good care of the detainees.
Now we are back in flight headed to Key West Florida. I hope to see some waves, but who knows! If I could find a surfboard, I think I'd give some night surfing a try. We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath. A few of the Fellows want to go for a run when we get to the hotel...good thing cause I need it!!! Been eating Way Too Much!

No comments: