Galveston

Monday, April 09, 2012

1st Plank

After the weekend in MO, I have finally made a little progress. While home, I discussed my need for some thinly cut planks with FiL (Father-in-Law) and he had the answer...good thing!

I had the idea to use the 8" table saw in the garage, but he had a better idea. He wanted to go to the Construction Workshop where they had ALL of the cool tools including a LARGE table saw with a table to handle the 8 foot boards.

With a initial pass of the 1st board, we found we had a winner and cut the rest. Since I'm not too good at determining Board Feet, I guessed and have a few extra pieces of planks! In particular of the 8 feet length.

However, I was a little worried while in the shop since FiL was running the saw and he's 80 years old! Also, he "shakes" a little and I didn't want his hands near the spinning blade. Also, theBud was there "assisting". He too kept putting his hands too close to the spinning blade and it worried me. It I brought either of them back with one less digit, I would be catching it for life. I know 'lilBlue would kill me if theBud didn't have all of his fingers...but I could use that as a scare tactic to him if he ever hurts 'lilBlue!

However, everyone came home all safe with no blood shed!!!!

Now, after arriving back in LA, I decided to lay the 1st plank! It looks coolio!!!!

Can't wait until they are all attached :)

Straight down the spar goes the 1st plank
Plastic wrap does the trick as a glue clamp
Here's the tail

A little closer on the "clamp job"


No comments: