Galveston

Sunday, June 26, 2011

GREAT Leaders Still Exist

On Friday, our last day at the Atlantic coast, I went for a surf at 0600 only to find the MWR people setting up for a 5K run on the beach.  So I had to ask the question and see if I could "join in".  Sure enough, at 0700 I was running a 5K along the beach and having fun.  Boy, do I need to get in better shape since my 5K time is 'hurting'.

However, I ran into Q (my local surfing buddy who rides short boards...in fact, if he rides a long board he feels dirty all day long).  All I have to say to this is Wave Count!  but this doesn't matter to him since he catches everything on any wave.  Wish I could surf like that.

But after the 5K, I went back to the room to change into my surf clothes and go for another session when there was a knock on the door.  It was Q and BG...surprise!!!!  Had a little talk with the both of the them and it was very nice.  

Then later I received a great note from BG...what a Great Leader!  Sometimes I wish I had stayed in Florida to work more with him!  I know it would have been great...well that's in the past, but I'm so glad to know that Leaders like him still exist.  He GETS it!!!!

No comments: