Galveston

Saturday, August 06, 2011

Traveling and seeing old friends

This was a great week at least on the large scheme of things! I had a business trip back to Sweet Home Alabama and the drive was 8 hours across the Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

The trip was very uneventful...thank goodness. We did see lots of coppers and they had a lot of people stopped and good thing it wasn't me! Even on the way home today they were running the speed guns on overtime.

However, the trip allowed us to see several old friends (military and civilians). Probably the best was seeing our Best Alabama Friends!!! They are great and we love spending time with them...it's fun every time :)

The military friends were at the conference with me and it was great catching up with them!

Only draw back from the trip was the calls from home station about events...let's just say we have lots of events that I'll need to work once I get back...job security in the not so favorite kind of work!

Also, it wad once again brought to my attention that I am different, very different! I still don't know how or why I have the job I do...I just don't fit the average mold. Not sure if this is good or bad, but... Looks like I have reached the pinnacle of my career whether I like it or not!

Oh well, I'm still having fun so I'll keep doing it...for now!

No comments: