Galveston

Sunday, December 04, 2011

Cement and Surfing...does this really go together

Tonight, I finally found some time to do a little work on the Surfboard Shaping Stands (SSS).  The first thing was to get the upright pieces in the bucket with some cement.  I figured using 40 pounds of QuickCrete was going to be easy...not so much.  I had to mix up the mix by had and I was doing it in on... 


After I started "mixing" the quickcrete, I quickly found myself having a few problem: 1) the bucket was not large enough to mix 40 pounds of this stuff and get it mixed properly, 2) I needed more water...3 pints was NOT enough water to make this stuff mix up, 3) I was making a mess quickly...and had cement going everywhere, 4) planning is the key to making it work RIGHT the first time...you know measure twice and cut once -- same thing goes for quickcrete.


But MrsBlue was quick to point out, she could have helped and also provided some "pointers" about what I should have done...wish I would have had that BEFORE I started :)  But I always love the feedback MrsBlue provides...it's always SpotOn!


If the quickcrete sets up by tomorrow, I should have the stands assembled and ready for use.  Then I'll need to figure out what I'm doing to use for the spare and ribs???  I haven't found any 1/4 inch marine grade plywood around here...guess I'll make a stop by the local boat dealer to see what they have!  Maybe I'll have some luck there.  The local Home Depot and Lowes ain't making it happen for me.


Here are the pictures of the stuff I put together tonight...
Buckets with quickcrete...the tape is for leveling

Drill it!

Pieces Parts together with screws




BTW:  CHANGE in the air!

No comments: