Galveston

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Offutt...Loved being On It!!!

Well, the trip to Offutt was divine! First, I stepped off the plane and I ran into the STRATCOM Protocol who is a friend and spouse of an old CMSgt friend. It was a pleasant surprise to see someone I knew! Sandy did a great job taking care of our Keystone group.

It only got better...next I ran into Jen...a former Admin NCO from Offutt. It was good seeing her and now she works for the Command Sgt Major!!! Look at these folks moving up!

Sandy, Jen, and me, of course!

Finally, I got to see LilBlue :). This was the best treat and getting to spend just a few hours with her made my soul well! I am continually amazed at how GREAT this little lady has grown up! With very little help from me, she has turned into a wonderful young lady. Thanks MrsBlue...you did good rearing our daughter when I was the absent father serving in TheBlue! I missed so much and wish she was closer! That means TheBigO is still a player in retirement...even if it is cold (10+ inches of snow predicted for tomorrow).

 

We are now headed back to DC where our trip finishes out! Good thing cause I'm ready to get home.

I very much enjoyed this professional development...but it has got me to thinking. What's next??? Where am I headed? I do enjoy serving, but think getting really close to that time of moving up or moving on! I'm ready to tackle the challenges of the CSEL world...I really want a NAF, MAJCOM or other CSEL job! But who knows...not me said the ManInBlue!!!!

No comments: