Galveston

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Shortboard Project Status Update

With everything going on, including moving from one house to another, I just haven't made progress on my shortboard.  However, I did do a few other "modifications" to the design since it seems like the ribs and spars are a little weak.  I'm not sure if this thing will hold up once I get it in the water...so I've added a little more stabilization in the front of the board.   I sure hope it helps.




As MrsBlue put it...there seems to be a LOT of glue!  With Gorilla Glue, it just looks that way!!!

The next step is to get the planks for the deck and bottom.  I will be looking for some popular from HomeDepot or Lowes.  I'll probably have to get these cut down to smaller strips so that I can put them on the deck and bottom to en sure they stay with the rocker.  I'm hoping this all works out so that I can tackle the SUP next time.

However, I'm still a long way from completing the project.  In fact, the deck and bottom are only the NEXT challenge.  I still have to do the rail buildup and shaping not to mention the glassing!  Whew Hoo....this is FUN!!!

No comments: