Galveston

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Another Uneventful Iraq Trip

Today was once again a great day! Up early for a not so good event (Fallen Warrior with largest group yet -- 12), but then it was off to execute the war we are fighting.

We were flying a refueling mission and making a short stopover at our detachment. As always, flying with theBoss is fun to watch (you have to be there to understand). He's like a little kid flying his airplane...his happy spot! He did a great job of working with the same group of fighters all day long and giving them gas over Iraq!





The flight up was very beautiful...I don't remember taking this route the last time, but I did like the view from the Boomers spot. The water was very inviting...very turquoise with some island. I'm not sure if there any waves, but I would have liked to be a little lower to see. Even the trip inland was very beautiful with the river below.



Once on station flying around in circles (that makes me dizzy...LOL), we refueled some F-16s keeping our guys on the ground safe with some overhead air power. They even gave me a little air show as they went back to work.

After giving some fuel to the fight, we made a little divert to our detachment to see how it was going. All was well!!!!

However, we had to cut the visit very short since the weather prediction was for a dust storm to arrive within an hour of landing. So we made our way around and got back on the plane in quick order. Good thing since the dust storm was rolling in as we were taking off. I'm glad I didn't need that extra set of under clothes...since I like sleeping in my own bed.

However, flying to Iraq with a planned landing requires me to arm up. At least then I am reminded we still have a fight to fight.

Home now and glad to be here. Now it's time for bed after a full day of flying. Hopefully tomorrow is a relaxing pool side day...I need more time in the sun :)

Things I was reminded of today:
- Airmen are making it happen
- Flying with theBoss is FUN
- I know why I do this...my AF thing
- I miss MrsBlue and LilBlue (143)

No comments: