Galveston

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Getting OLD

What was I thinking? I know, in my brain I'm still about 20 years old, but my body says I'm a lot older than that...a LOT older!
This weekend the Asia Pacific Association Airmen challenged the OLD Chiefs to a volleyball match. They are young and much more agile than some old Chiefs, but we were up for it! We had about 7 old guys who were going to play, but when game time came...only 3...that's right only 3 Chiefs showed. So we decided to "take them on" 3 Chiefs against their whole group!
Even though I thought this event would result in two quick games in favor of the young Airmen, I was pleasantly surprised to have the 3 Chiefs come out on top...in two consecutive games. But now I feel my age. I haven't used many of those muscles lately!
To follow that up, we had the EOD Fun Run in IBA at 0600 Saturday morning. Little did I realize that an extra 30-40 lbs would slow me down and make me hurt so much this morning! My shoulders, back and legs really hurt! (OUCH)
So, today I'll be a little more relaxed...resting at the pool! Maybe I will recover...soon :)

No comments: