Galveston

Friday, October 21, 2011

General Pickett's Battle

Today was our final day at Gettysburg! It was a wonderful week and gave me much to think about -- leadership, decision making, how to deal with difficult communication situations, negotiating with the Gettysburg battle as a way to remember and ponder.

One of the key exercises I learned was to "reflect". Some use a journal and others To Do Lists, I found thinking and talking about it as very productive in keying in on the crucial topics.

One key phrase that caught my attention is:

"It's okay to use the 'F' word!"
(That F word we many times don't talk about or think about is -- FOLLOWERSHIP)

Why do we only discuss about being leaders? Are leaders, leaders if they don't have any followers? Why don't we develop followership more...since we spend much more of our time doing it?

BTW: Even your word processor doesn't like the word Followership -- type it in a document and it will gladly underline the word in RED!!! What's that say about followership?

The pictures attached are from the final battle at Gettysburg. Pickett's Charge was a disaster for the Northern Virginia Army.

Check out Pickett's Charge at: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickett's_Charge. It's some good info on this battle.

Ready to be back home with MrsBlue!!! I miss her so much when away...she should have traveled with me on the trip. Even though it got cold and rainy, she would have enjoyed the FALL in the Northeast :). However, we'll be coming back...this is something MrsBlue and LilBlue need to see!

PSSSSS...I have a surprise for MrsBlue when I get back home! I really appreciate her and want her to know...She Makes Me WHOLE!

No comments: