Galveston

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Gettysburg

The adventure at Gettysburg Leadership Experience has begun. Twenty-five CMSgts from around the globe are here and learning to be better leaders (followers).

Tonight. We visited the Gettysburg Visitor Center and I was very impressed with the Cyclorama which depicted Gettysburg battle from a painting over 100 years old which was in the round. Amazing I must say.

We ended the evening at Hickory Ridge Farms for some home cooking. Apples were on the menu because PA has lots of apple orchards. Can you say YUM! Just check our my plate of food. During dinner we even had President Lincoln talk with us...very interesting since we couldn't stump him about Lincoln's life.

Now it's off to the hotel to get some work done and do some more reading for the course since I didn't ever receive my books.

Pennsylvania is beautiful :). The trees are turning colors and the rolling hills...why I love America. This may not be a place of retirement, it will be a place visit during retirement. I think we need to plan of family vaca here!

No comments: