Galveston

Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 2 GTown

WooooHoooo...another day of starting the day off RIGHT!!!! Surfing :)

We woke up this morning in our hotel on the seawall of Galveston Island and low and behold the surf looked nice. A little on shore wind which turned to off shore. Also, at 59th street pier/jetty made a difference.

I started with a little bump on the northside of the jetty, but several other surfers were on the southside. It wasn't bad, but nothing special! So after a little break (it's been a little while since I surfed and the arms are spaghetti), I headed over to the other side if the pier.

Wowza, what a difference! The pier really cleaned up the bump and it was regular. With the pier and a regular swell coming in, I was in heaven...this is what retirement needs to be like! A morning walking with MrsBlue on the beach followed closely by a little surfing and then relaxing in the afternoon.

While some would say the 3d coast isn't that great for surfing, it's hit the spot the 2 times I've been.

The only drawback is...I realized I'm out of surfing shape. This means I need to head to the gym for some Surf Specific exercises (back and arms). I also need to work on the Twitching Muscles!!! I need to be able to paddle FAST! It didn't take me long to realize I'm a lazy surfer...let the wave do the action!!!!

Tomorrow is another day...hopefully I'll get tomorrow and Sunday in before heading back to LA!!!

No comments: