Galveston

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Surf(ace) of the Board

It*s starting to look like a surfboard!!! I wasn't sure I would ever get to this stage of the buildup, but here I am.

It's going to look awesome once I get the top planks on and glued into place. Right now I'm looking for some wood to cut and put on the board. Not sure if I'll add some color with other types of wood or go with one type (right now popular is winning out),.

However, I have stopped by the wood hobby shop on base and they are going to let me use the table saw to cut some strips. We'll see how that turns out. I'm not sure I'm ready for using the Correct tools since the previous parts of the build have been done in the garage with simple hand tools (power and not so much). The best tool I like is the hand planer...it does some great work with very little effort.

Look out you groms, the old man on a short board will be hitting surf alongside you very soon !!!

No comments: