Galveston

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fini

Today was another day closer to the day a good friend moves on. But that's the way of theBlue...people move, others come and we make new friends.

GImocjam is one of those people everyone likes. From day one here in LA, he made me feel like we were friends. Now we are!

He is one funny guy. He makes everyone feel at ease and really understood what needed to be one. As we sat through countless meetings over the past year, he made interesting comments...yes, interesting is the word I will use. While sometimes I think he thought he was using his inside voice, it did keep meetings FUN :)

As my personal confidant and someone I love being around, he will be missed. Even though he reminds me that he won't be far away, just across the street, it seems like around the world.

Today, he made his fini flight and got soaked. I hope this isn't his fini flight in the AF...he needs to be in the cockpit more since his type of leadership is needed with the young flyers. But if it is, he made it flying an old workhorse for our nation. It's amazing we are still flying the Buff after 60 years...

And...just to keep things from being mundane, he decided to have an IFE on engine #1! No biggie since this lifetime aviator landed with ease and who would expect less.

GImocjam, YOU will be missed! Good thing you'll be close by!



No comments: