Galveston

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

International Surfing Day 2012

My fav Surf Hat...given to me by 3 Doors Down
As always, I'm looking for a reason to surf and this came through on hump day! What a needed, refreshing time out "surfing" in LA.

Who would have thunk it, but I was able to participate in this year's International Surfing Day. It's not like last year when I was at "an undisclosed location in SWA", that didn't lend itself to participating in Surf Day, but today somewhat, made up for it. \m/

Immediately after work. I jumped into the car to head home, load up and make the trek across town for a little water therapy. However, I had a late meeting and got a much later start than I expected. On my way over, I passed a co-worker on the hi-way sporting my board on top of the CRV. He followed me across town before I exited...I'm sure I'll here about it tomorrow. At least I wasn't caught "playing hooky" from work (which 3 doors down encouraged when I was closer to the beach).

Arriving for the sess...

However, the sun is staying in the sky a little while longer and therefore I was able get a "paddle" out! It was pretty calm on the water today, but a little "off shore" wind made it a little rough in spots. BUT...I like it rough since it makes me work a little hard for the enjoyment. Anyhow, it was very enjoyable tonight...

To top off my surfing, I received a little show that had me laughing :D. As I paddle in for the evening, I noticed a local fella was dropping off the spousal unit at the pier so that she could back the truck and trailer into the water and load the boat. It started out all fine and I was thoroughly impressed that this little lady was all gang-busters to perform this most difficult task. However, it only took ONE attempt at backing and the show had begun. She gave it a go -- one, twice, three times a lady --- with no success. She just couldn't get the trailer going in the right direction. So a few other fellas on the shore went over to offer assistance, but she refused their offers while the male spousal unit in the boat began to get frustrated and head in to tie off the boat and back the trailer himself. However, with a little "coaching" from one of the fellas on the shore, she backed it up into the water as her man arrived at the truck door. Whew...tragedy averted.

It was a good day...surfing and a show!!!



After my surf session....STOKED \m/


BTW: Tomorrow is Go Skateboarding Day...

No comments: