Galveston

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Monday's Musing

Dress 4 Success

It's funny how the smallest things in life may provide the greatest rewards.

When I am traveling, I "dress up". Not dress up in the sense of wearing a 3 piece suit, but I do wear a sports jacket and look "sweeeeeeet". By doing this small thing, I notice the way people interact with me is markedly better. Additionally, I think you act how you're dressed.

The same things go when wearing the uniform. We MUST present that professional appearance (in both blues and utilities). Something as minor as removing those pesky strings or ensuring your boots and/or shoes are clean and polished can say a lot about your professionalism. Looking sharp has a way of impacting our mental attitude. When we dress down, we are more relaxed. When we dress up, we are more professional.

Dress 4 Success is about dressing the part. Would you dress down for that all important job interview? Definitely NOT! If you want to be treated like a winner you have to dress like one.

No comments: