Galveston

Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday's Musing

Old Friends...how great are they?

Today, I find myself in the Washington DC area at a conference. Low and behold, I also find myself meeting up with an old friend, an old MTL from the Air Force Academy.

As we reminisced about old times and new ones, it came to me that I have lost sight of some important aspects in my life. I have forgotten to keep up with others over the past few years...to keep in touch, to cultivate friendships.

While we talked, I found myself not being able to remember the last time I had called some old friends. And then I wondered, WHY? Was I really too busy with my life to think about others? Was I that selfish? Am I just a jerk? Maybe it's all of the above.

I need to continue to stay in touch with people. People who are your friends will be there for you anytime; in times of need and times of joy. They will be there right beside you no matter the issues. They are not your friends because of what you can do for them, but they are your friends because of who you are.

Build friendships...cultivate them...call someone up you haven't spoken to in awhile...if you're were real friends, the conversation will be just like it was yesterday that you last talked with them. Go ahead, what are you waiting for, pick up the phone, reach out and touch someone!

No comments: