Galveston

Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday's Musing

Sleep is something we usually desire more of, but never seem to get enough of. As you can see from this posting, it's 0119 in the morning. I just can't seem to get to sleep.

The question, why am I not sleeping? or answer, I am not sleeping ...because I am thinking about tomorrow. I am anxious about getting back to work and getting something done. I like to get things done, accomplish things, do things to make things better, well, you get the picture I like to be doing.

As I read through the packages I brought home over the holiday weekend, I find myself able to do so uninterrupted. I am able to read for content, not just skim for the high points and be on my way, I am able to spot issues and work them before sending them back or up. It is a good thing.

While I want to go to sleep,because believe it or not I do need sleep. I find I am so much more productive in the wee hours of the morning. My mind is whirling with freshness and ready for a task. How great it is to be able to function (at least partly) on little sleep (and diet coke).

Looking forward to a new day at the office...in only a few short hours.

2 comments:

Bettina said...

How many soda's did you have???

Some would say sleep is way overrated, for me it depends on the day.

Sometimes you just have those nights were you have to go ahead and get up and get "it" done, whatever "it" is and then try to get a few zzz's.

Unknown said...

mib...this is my first visit to your blog. I'll be back to read you again soon.

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...