Galveston

Monday, December 01, 2008

Monday's Musing

Today, my musing is about something amusing.

Being new to the community, I find myself "learning" the rules of the road in Florida. While I, like most men, refuse to ask for directions when lost or confused, I found myself making many trips over the Pineda Causeway to Merritt Island today because I couldn't find an off ramp from the road or a way around the infinite loop.

Is this like we are as leaders? or followers? Do we sometimes find ourselves "thinking" we know where we are going only to find that it leads us in the wrong direction or that we are making the same trip "again"?

Therefore, I ask "what are we going to do about it"? Are we going to continue going in the never ending loop of leadership? Albert Einstein's quote: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

While it's kind of funny to drive the same route many times in a very short period of time, it isn't funny when we do this as we lead our Airmen. Let's lead by being original in our thoughts and actions. Don't be an "infinite loop" leader.

No comments: