Galveston

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Day 79 - Good day for a long run

Time is quickly approaching for the upcoming downrange AF Marathon event.  Here we are conducting a 10K and half marathon distance race...  With only one week left before the event, I have not prepared for the Heat, Distance or other requirements.  With the long days and short nights, I have been remiss in "training" so what's a guy to do?

You know it, still run!  I went out for a long run tonight (which I needed for thinking time) and did 8 miles.  It was a slow 8 miles...really slow!  In fact, the speed would make you think I was walking.  At least I know I can run 8 miles, but the other 5.1 miles may be tough.  Good thing I brought some stuff to eat along the route and give me some go.

If all goes well, I'll finish in under 2 hours...but don't count on it.

No comments: