Galveston

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 71 - Happy Anniversary to ME

Happy anniversary to me, happy anniversary to me, happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary to ME!

Yes, today is my anniversary for coming into the BIG BLUE!  I find it hard to believe that 24 years ago I entered the USAF and was off to Lackland AFB.  I think about going to the airport and heading to what would be a very interesting few weeks at BMT.  Me and a few new friends would be going through this together.  

I remember SSgt Valdez, my TI, and them taking all of my "goodies" when they looked through our bags.  I also remember trying to get as far away from the TI by picking a bed way in the back of the barracks.  It worked for a little while, but not for long.

Who would have imagined 24 years later that I would be embarking upon a NEW adventure, but this time half way around the world.  It was days there at BMT that I have learned to adapt and adjust.  Back then, it was it's just a 6 week game you have to endure.   This adventure is a little longer and I keep saying to myself, it's only one year you have to endure...breaking it down into smaller chunks makes it even easier.  

Just like back in BMT, the days go by so fast.  I find it hard to believe that I'm at day 71!  WOW, there are also weeks that go by so fast, I think who changed the calendar and made Saturdays back-to-back.

Well, life is good and I have been very blessed to serve for 24 years.  Lord willing, I'll get 6 more before they push me out the door.  

1 comment:

Bettina said...

It's been quite a ride, but we have enjoyed it! Only 6 more left!