Galveston

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 53 - Another Thursday

Can you believe another Thursday is almost gone?  It feels like I just posted on this thing last night...what is happening to my weeks.  The weeks feel like days...and are moving at a fast clip.


I find it hard to believe what you see around here.  Another day of working hard, going to meetings and answering some of the craziest of questions.  Don't they realize that we are in a combat zone...  I guess not!


Yesterday ended on a high note.  I received a call from "The Colonel" after she had been trying to reach me all day.  When she calls and can't get in touch with me, she must think I'm dodging her calls.  However, I'm doing exactly what she would want me to be doing...seeing Airmen!  So when I finally was in the office and answered the phone, The Colonel had to pick herself up off the floor from surprise.  Then the fun began :)  We got to talk for over an hour and she keeps me ROTF the whole time.  In between the laughter and great conversation, The Colonel throws in a little mentoring...just what the Dr ordered.  


I never realized it, but people are put in our lives to make a real difference.  Each time I talk with The Colonel, I know she will have some words of wisdom for me.  It never fails...she addresses the issues straight on and tells it like it is...she hasn't changed in over 16 years...has it been that long.

Thursday's Thoughts
- Wish someone had Skype access so that I could see them
- The Cup of Joe program is COOLIO...love my quad frape
- Got my Initial Feedback...going well
- Talking with "The Colonel" raises my spirits 

No comments: