Galveston

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 57 - Red Cross Calling

Do you know what happens when you receive a call at 0100 from the Command Post and they tell you the Red Cross from Kuwait has asked to speak with you by name!  You get really paranoid...

Well, that's what happened last night and let me tell you, it put a BIG scare in me.  All I could think was...what has happened?  Did something happen to Mrs. Blue or 'lil Blue?  Has my Grandmother passed away?  Did something else happen that I don't know anything about?  

Yes, my mind was racing and thinking about how much I love my Wife and Daughter!  Prayer quickly entered the room and I hoped nothing was wrong.

Once the phone rang again, I received a message that was about the father-in-law of one of our Airmen who had passed away.  While I was relieved, I knew someone else would not be!

So we have an Airmen headed home to be with his family during this time.  While this was expected (dying of cancer), it was not expected to be so soon!

Lord willing, ALL will remain well while I'm away!

No comments: