Galveston

Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 58 - Breaking Fast...

Well, the world around us is influencing our very actions when you have to adapt to the local ways.  We are in the midst of Ramadan and this does impact how we work, live and EAT!!!

The last two nights I have been privileged to go to dinner for the breaking of the FAST.  Last night it was really just a party to welcome back a individual who is returning to work after some surgery.  However, tonight....we went to break the fast with some locals at their invitation.  What an opportunity to sit in a big tent, drink a little chi tea and then eat Lamb and Camel with all of the fixin's...



It was a good experience, but the food is NOT my type.  Lots of curry and spices that don't seem to go along with my stomach.  However, it was fun and I decided to save room for the deserts...I know...I don't need them.  But to survive you learn to select your food choices carefully. LOL

It was fun...good thing tomorrow I get to eat at the ChowHall....

YUM YUM

Things I know for sure...
- I LOVE Mrs. Blue's cooking
- I can eat anything, even though I choose not to

No comments: