Galveston

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day FIVE - Did someone order some SAND because I have plenty!

Let me tell you something about sand...it looks a lot like blowing snow when you have 35kt winds and lots of sand.  Today was very interesting...some would say the blowing and was a nice treat in comparison to the HEAT. 

As I went out of my dorms this morning, this is what I saw...limited visibility and lots of SAND which was NOT on the ground.  Funny thing about this sand, it doesn't just sit around and do nothing.  No it has a way of wanting to be part of your day...like a little kid who says "come play with me".  Well, I'm not sure I want to play today.  However, I didn't get a vote.

 

(yeah I know, the picture is not that good and it's pointing more at the rock front yard i have...so sue me since the sand was in my eyes, face, hair, just about all over me)
                                                                                                                   

Let me see, sand in every place imaginable or sweating from every pore of your body???  Hmmmmm, let me see all wet or all sand blasted, is that really a choice.  Richard, can I have somewhere in between please?







(Just look at this blow snow...reminds me of South Dakota winters)



No comments: