Galveston

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day ONE - seeing the daylight

Day ONE - all Secure!

I have made the necessary trips around the base to see things and begin the in processing.  Sorry to those folks who had to come in on their minimum battle rhythm day, but it was greatly appreciated to get me up to speed quickly since I only have a few days to get up to speed.


However, today's events have been fun and exciting.  While the day started off slow, it soon heated up (both in temperature and things to do, even on a Sunday).  While I didn't get to church today, I did see where the Chapel is and plan to stop by.  However, I was blessed with a little Mongolian BBQ at lunch.  While this is no Khan's in Bellevue, Nebraska, it was good for ChowHall food.  Can you say  "Enjoyyyyyed it"

After lunch we did a little more driving around the base to see the facilities and location of units...this place is spread  out!  BUT...I do have a Ford Escape to drive around and it has A/C.  I guess I need to send a Thank You to whoever invented that little device...it is invaluable here.



I finished the day off with recognizing the Airmen who helped renovate the Fox Sport Sky Box.  What a great new place for people to "hang out" during their off time.  On the way home...I also did a walk by the SFS gate to say hello.  It surprised my young defenders, but was a good little talk.

No comments: