Galveston

Monday, June 21, 2010

Day TWO - Medic, Medic, Medic

Hey, can someone call a MEDIC??? No really, I don't need a medic, but I spent the afternoon hanging out with several of them (the entire group).  


Today, after less than 48 hours with Boots on Ground (BOG as the term is so richly termed), I found myself being "immersed" in what the Medical Group is doing for people throughout the AOR.  Yes, you heard that correctly...throughout the AOR!  This is one great group of people and I think I met just about everyone of their Es.  They were prepared to tell me how they contribute, but one thing I noticed from each of them was that they CARE about people.


After going over, I had a chance to sit down with the boss and talk my visit.  He mentioned that during the last year, the medical group continually received the highest praise for "helping people out".  No matter if it was a two star general calling in the afternoon or a "one striper" not feeling well at 0330, they were the people who "took care of business".


Wouldn't it be nice if every organization we visited had this same concept of service?  What if...
- Burger King really meant "have it your way"
- the IG really meant "we're here to help you"
- Toyota really meant "the best build cars in the world"


To top this off, I finished Day TWO with some great Defenders.  Yes, you heard that...DEFENDERS!  In fact, a few of them gave me one of the best compliments I have received in some time.  Can you believe that they said
"I looked like a SFS"!   WOW...I wasn't sure if that was a compliment or they were pulling my leg?  Either way, I liked being considered "one of them" ;) 



Today I learned...
- we have great Airmen
- we have a great mission
- we have people who really do CARE


Lovin' it!



No comments: