Galveston

Monday, June 28, 2010

M1 - W2 - D2 -- New

Another day of experiencing NEW things!

Tonight we had a new guest at the "undisclosed location in Southwest Asia".  While I waited to for that arrival, I drove around the talk with someone I haven't met yet.  

Those POL guys are something special.They pass more gas during a six month tour than most bases pass all year long.  Two of those young Airmen asked me if I wanted to "top off" the tanks of a KC-135.  Was that really a question they needed to ask?  Of course I said YES, with a big smile on my face.  I added the final 1500 gallons to a jet that was planned to depart in about an hour and would be support other missions around the AOR.  Maybe if I plan my cards right, those POL guys will let me pump 1 million gallons over the year?   Well, maybe not!

As for NEW, the NEW GUY is here!  First time to meet the guy who hired me.  Funny to meet someone I will spend the next year with.  I kind of felt like that mail order bride who met her new husband.  It was a little uneasy, but the NEW boss made me feel part of the team immediately.  I am in GREAT company here with this team.  A new boss, new group leadership and me...all here for a year to continue this great mission.   

I stand in AWE!!!   Lovin' It!

No comments: