Galveston

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Month 1 - Week 1 - Day 7 -- Weekly wrapup

What a week.  Can anyone slow this train down?  I must say, it has been a whirlwind week for me and I think the pace will remain the same for the next year.  

I have begun to think of this time in the AOR as a race of some sort.  Kind of like a marathon or ultra marathon.  However, like all of my marathon training, I'm not sure I have "trained" myself to ready for the long haul.  When I have trained for a running race, I have continually worked at adding distance.  But each time I raced, I found myself lacking in the distance at the end of the race.  Somewhere around the 22 mile point, I seem to struggle to get to the finish line. 


For the "race", I don't want to stumble...I want to "Finish Strong"!  Therefore, I am choosing the Jeff Galloway method to this event with some walk breaks built in.  Today was my first "walk break" and it was needed.  I had run the last few miles at a break neck speed.  In fact, I needed to take a break on Saturday, but didn't...shame on me :(  However, after a walk day, I find myself renewed...ready for another week of challenges and opportunities to serve. 


I have seen a LOT of the results of our global war on terrorism.  In fact, too much already.  Death is a part of this business and many of our people seem to forget that.  Are we ready???? NO.  but do we need to be ready for the Worst Case Scenarios???? YES.  While I don't know what to do, say or pray, I find myself thinking long and hard about my family.  

Mrs. Blue and lil' Blue...143 MiB

No comments: