Galveston

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

M1 - W2 - D3 (Day 10) -- A Chief among Chiefs

It is amazing how Chiefs make things happen in short order.  I could be more proud of the Chiefs at this location in Southwest Asia.  In fact, I stand in AWE of what they have accomplished and how they chose to recognize a GREAT leader.


Within only a few days, the Desert Chiefs Group (DCG) worked tirelessly to honor the Wing Commander as an Honorary CMSgt.  Since the DCG had not done this before, we had a quick learning curve, but many of the Chiefs came to the rescue and put in extra hours and brain cells to make the night a success.  


I remember when I was told I had been selected as a CMSgt.  What a day of rejoicing that was!!!  First off, while I wanted to be selected, the decision was out of my hands.  Additionally, I believed I had done my best in everything I had done and if that wasn't good enough then I wasn't deserving of being selected as a top 1% of the Air Force Enlisted Corps. 


Tonight was very similar for BG Wilson.  He had no control over the process.  A board (very similar to the promotion board) met to discuss his fate.  Did he have the qualities, leadership and demeanor for what we expect in the CMSgt?  The answer was a resounding and unequivocal YES!


While I have only been BOG (boots on ground) for 10 days, I can tell you one thing...the leader has made this dynamic wing operate smoothly.  The people, the mission and the leadership are all in unison and working to the same cause.  Brig Gen Wilson, you will be missed!

Go read the Blog from the BOSS regarding his Promotion at 379AEW Blog.

No comments: