Galveston

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 145 - Fitness (YES)

Just to start off today's entry, I need to clarify on the weather we had yesterday.  It not only rained here (see the pictures on Day 144), but we had a Tornado within 5 miles of the location.  YES...you read that correctly...A TORNADO!  I took one picture that looked like a funnel cloud (sort of), but thought I was seeing things.  However, I have seen another picture of the funnel cloud and WEATHER showed the radar footage!  It was a TORNADO!


Now, on to other news...
Today was the DAY!  Yes, it finally arrived for me to put up or shut up.  I went to do my AOR PT Test this morning after being delayed for a week.  Was I ready...I'm not sure.  And then the bounce around of locations this morning 20 minutes before the test left me breathless and frazzled (just a little).  

I showed up at the appointed place about 30 minutes early.  When  no one else showed at 20 minutes prior, I began to wonder what was up....So of course, I pulled out the Crackberry for a look see.  Sure enough, there was an email telling me to go to the OTHER gym.  Since I didn't drive to my current location, I had to hoof it (run) to the new location.  With only minutes to spare, I showed up for the beginning process (weighing in).  

After the weigh in, we (me and the boss) then ran to the track for our mile and a half run.  So there I stood...already a little tired from running back and forth.  However, it didn't stop me from pounding out a good run!!!  Fast than last year, but not the best I have had.  However, I'm happy.


Then it was off to do push ups and sit ups...we did them at the same time and when I reached my stopping point, I stopped.  Little did I know, the boss was continuing and did more push ups than me!  rats...that's usually what I do to the young Airmen...however, sit ups was another story.  After being tricked on push ups, I help until time ran out to do more if needed. :)


Overall, it was a great test for both of us and now I'm good for another year.


Tomorrow morning....another 5K run.  Guess I'll take it easy on this run after today.  My calf hurts a little...I guess old men need to stretch a little more!



Things I know for sure:
- I love myMrsBlue
- I love my 'lilBlue
- Life has many uncertainties (future is uncertain)


Things I don't know:
- Where will I be next year at this time
- What the future holds
- When I will get to surf again

1 comment:

Bettina said...

Way to go!!!! You are the bomb!