Galveston

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 155 - gone fishing

Well, I can this is a first (for me).  Going fishing in the Arabia Gulf!  Not what I expected and I guess I would think they had some simple gear (like a fish finder), but no such luck.  

We spent about 1 1/2 hours driving out to "the Spot" only to have to move 2 more times.  We finally caught a few (at least some of those on board did).  

The Boat!!!  not much to look at  =)
Boarding the boat and thinking....what have I gotten myself into?

Our Fishing Guide...he's from Nepal

I hope you noticed that I'm wearing the same shirt as the Tour Guide...yes, I know, I was just trying to fit in :)

The Guide giving some fishing lessons to the Vice...all smiles

My idea of a good fishing trip....reading a book about SURFING
Okay...so I did pickup the fishing rod, but no luck catching anything :(

The Group of Fishermen...

The complete group

1 comment:

Frizzy said...

Looks like you had a relaxing afternoon. A friend of Scott and mine will be arriving there in the next day or two. Her name is Maj. Beth Wood. I told her you were stationed in Aviano with us. She's a hoot! Non stop laughing. Hope you two will cross paths. She's wanting to start a blog maybe you could help her get started?