Galveston

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 147 - Bell of the Ball


Happy Birthday United States Marine Corps...you ROCK!
The USMC Security Detachment from the Embassy decided to hold a USMC Birthday Ball downtown.   So the boss and I got the opportunity to go...At $100 per plate, it was a little pricey and since I didn't really get a chance to eat, it was REALLY pricey!  Not where I wanted to spend $100 but it was a fun filled evening.

Once we went into the Ball Room, it was open seating.  Therefore, the boss and I decided to sit at a table together.  Shortly after we sat down, we were told we had seats at the head table.  So of course we got up and moved forward.  However, once we were seated it was determined we were ONE seat short a the head table.  You guessed it, I stepped aside and took one for the team.  

I think my the company at my table was more lively and FUN!     Just look at this group!  FUN for sure.




2 comments:

Bettina said...

SHIKEYS $100.00 a plate...holy cow!

Bettina said...

And you know that is just what good Chiefs do...take the team hit :) and never mention it again!