Galveston

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 160 - Thanksgiving Day

Today is a day to be THANKFUL!  Yes, it's a thankful day.   


The day started off with breakfast with the Secretary of the Air Force Donley and the Chief Master of the Air Force Roy.  We met with a few Airmen and then sent them on their way to visit others around the AOR.  Lunch and Dinner with other Airmen around the Theater...what a way to spend your holiday...leadership from the front.


After the breakfast, I thought this was going to be a slow day, but that was not the case.  It was work as normal with many of the same meetings.  However, we added a lunch with the Local Air Force leadership having Thanksgiving dinner with the wing leadership.  It was fun and I think they enjoyed being a part of our holiday.


Finally, I just arrived home from the DFAC and serving our Airmen Thanksgiving Dinner.  As usual, I had a LOT of fun "goofing off".  We even had a good time rassing the local chaplain who was serving on the other line.  We were constantly busy serving while his line was pretty empty.  I guess they like my was of carving the Roast Beef.  Did I mention, I don't know how to carve beef?  It was falling off the bone and they were some LARGE bones.


Vince and Dan serving up some vittles

Roast Beef -- it's what's for dinner

The Fixin's

Our HELP

Cuttin' me some Roast Beef


Chaplain Davidson...other serving line


Fake WINE

No comments: