Galveston

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 219 - Surfs Up

Well, I'm back in the CONUS on a little excursion (read this as TDY) from my TDY from the Southwest Asia.   It was a very long trip and I arrived late yesterday and was VERY tired.  However, as promised, I made a DawnPatrol this morning with the fellas!  

Sunrise was beautiful...


You can't believe what I will put up with to SURF =)  The temperature at wake up time was a mere 36 degrees with the wind blowing at about 25 knots...yes that means wind chill.   The water wasn't too bad at a little over 60 degrees...I knew I could make a GO of it for sure.  Even though my blood has been thinned while deployed, I was not letting a little COLD stop me from hitting the surf.   The only saving grace was Quigg had an extra set of booties because the surfshop sent the wrong size...good for me...my size and he gave them to me!  That's a real surfer DUDE friend.

The guys looked ready for battle all dressed up in the full suits and some even had on the hats...(now that's funny).
Quigg getting ready to SURF

BEEGEE was heading out with us.  Too bad Burke didn't join us...

However, it was great to see 3DoorsDown with his UGGs on.  The guys gave him a lot of crap for wearing his wife's boots.
UGG....it's cold out here
 

No comments: