Galveston

Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 227 - Day 9 Session 10 - 'lilStuff

Another glorious day at the beach with MrsBlue.  While the surf was small, it was still surf which is much better than the AOR Surf (non-existent).   Therefore, I'll take it, any size!

MrsBlue sat out in a chair while I tried to catch a few waves during low tide.  She had planned to read a book, but instead spent all of her time being my photographer!  She does a GREAT job of making me look good (not only on the waves, but in LIFE...I miss being around her during my deployment and can't wait for our next rendezvous :)


The day was beautiful with the sun shining and no wind.  I did manage to make it into the water for only a little while.  It seems surfing for so many days is taking it's toll on the body.  My first few sessions the upper back was a little sore...now, I think I have an overuse injury...but pain will not stop me for getting a few more before I return.


Waiting...waiting...waiting....

Catching one!

Got it!

KS10 style...staying low

I never go back side...look at the wave to the right!!!
I'm going to miss this (again) once I leave.  Nothing like surfing EVERYDAY...retirement will surely have to be at the beach with some surfing.  Maybe I can get a job as a lifeguard!!!!

We even made a trip to Cocoa Beach to look at the Kelly Slater Project...Tell me if I'm wrong, but don't our stances look very similar (LOL).



No comments: