Galveston

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 223 - Day 5 Session 5 --- afternoon bump

Another day, another surf session.  Yes, I am 5 for 5 as of today.  We had a short lunch, so I couldn't make it out to the 2nd Light at this time.  However, we did make a trip by the beach before heading back to class and there was a small bump.  Glass with NO wind...it was beautiful for sure.  I can only say I should have skipped lunch and paddled out...even the MrsBlue voiced the same thing.  It is amazing to have a wife who really understands my need to SURF and is OK with it.

However, I did go straight to the beach (2nd Light) immediately after class at 1600.  It was still glass conditions and no wind.  The water temperature was about 58 degrees....a little cooler than I thought.  Not much of a ride, but well worth the paddle out and anything.    I made a call to MrsBlue back at the hotel to get a Surf Report...she said not much there, so I chose to hang tight right across from base.  There were a few of us and even one SUP...he snaked me on one wave...so I pulled back since there are more waves coming :)





The surf reports for the rest of my trip is FLAT...not good if you ask me.  By I'll take anything...even if it's only ankle high :)   a wave is a wave :)

MrsBlue says I "need lessons" but I LOVE it!


   

No comments: