Galveston

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Day 228 - Day 10 Session 11 Last Session

Today was the LAST session before I return to the AOR.  I was thinking about a morning session before heading to the airport tomorrow morning, but no need in rushing it...and I am a little tired from all of the surfing over the past 10 days.  But it was well worth it :)

Kelly Slater LOW!!!

The surf was a little small this morning, but they had some 1-2 foot stuff reported a little south of here...I did drive down to check it out, but decided to not drag the board on top of the Smart!  When I finally made it back to thePlace, the wind had changed to on shore (not good) and there was some wind chop.  But do you think the stopped me...I think NOT!  I suited up before an afternoon office call with BEEGEE! 

I knew I had about an hour or so and made the most of it.  Like I said, it was ALL OVER THE PLACE (3 seconds and coming from the east and south wind swells).  I did manage to catch a few decent sets, but found myself in the wrong place most of the time.  I guess this is what happens when ANYTHING goes and you need your surfing fix.  Since I know it will be another 30+ days before my next surf session, I wanted to make the most of it.  

Once again, MrsBlue was more than willing to document my session...not sure this is a good idea since she captures what I really look like vs what I think I look like.  In fact, I see what I need to work on over the next 30 days...staying low, working on the IndoBoard, strengthen my shoulder, strengthen my back.  Biggest thing is quick pop-ups and staying LOW!

Thanks to everyone who made the trip a GREAT event.  My friends and family (MrsBlue) made the trip well worth it!  I couldn't ask for better friends...To Q, Paul, RocketBoy, BEEGEE and Burke...thanks for making surfing FUN!!!!!

Surf session was for...The Birds

If pelicans are floating next to you eating, should you be in the h20?  Can you say BAIT
Mrs Blue...until we see each other in Hawaii!  I can't wait to spend more time with YOU!  You are one amazing woman and I am blessed to be married to you!  Thanks for making the trip...more fun, sun and surf in about 30 days!  

Aloha
143
MiB

1 comment:

Bettina said...

The pleasure was ALL mine!!!