Galveston

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 242 - Confession does the body good

What do we know...sometimes God puts people in our path when we least expect it.  That happened to me tonight!!!

Tonight on my way to a meeting, I ran into a friend by happen chance.  We got to talking (well I was doing most of the talking...imagine that) and he was listening (along with providing some wise counsel).  What I thought I needed was where I was headed, but that is NOT at all what I needed.  I needed a FRIEND...

Friends
Don't you be ashamed of how you feel when someone
Lends you a helping hand
Because the bottom line is bein' for real in
Every way that you can

Ask yourself, after all that you've learned
Would you do the same thing if the tables were turned
Well, my answer is, "Yes"
'Cause I've been through the test, now I'll never forget my Friends 

Whenever I am feelin' down and out, they help me
Get through the rainy day
They lift my spirits and erase my doubts then
Chase those gray clouds away

If I had a dollar for every time
That they have stood by my side helping things turn out right
I would be a millionaire
And my wealth they would share 'cause I'd be nowhere without my Friends 
 
The Real Values in Life 
A Hawaiian vacation with the family -- $5K 
Owning a SmartCar - $15K
A great job -- $70K 
Retirement pay - $1.6M
FRIENDS -- PRICELESS 
 
 

1 comment:

Bettina said...

: ) friends are such a HUGE part of life in the blue...amazing the number of wonderful people we now call friend from this adventure! We are so truly blessed!!!