Galveston

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Day 233 - Only 31 days until Hawaii

Being back on station has me running around trying to play catchup!  I have performance appraisals and awards that have been waiting and need to get finalized.  

Also, during the trip I found out that theBoss has a medical condition that needs to be addressed.  Lifting him up in prayer!  Hope it all works out and he is back at the helm soon!!!  Until then, MrVice will be in charge...We will have a fun time since he is a lively guy.  

Today marks the official countdown on the Hawaii trip.  We are one month out to seeing MrsBlue and surfing the Pacific Ocean....never done that (surfing I mean).  I can't wait to walk the beaches hand in hand with MrsBlue at my side.  In fact, this could end up being a tentative "could we ever live in Hawaii" trip.  You never know, but I think I could learn to like the islands and enjoy spending a lot of time there...it meets one of the qualifications for MrsBlue on retirement living...warm climate.  However, the distance away from family is on the NoGo side :(  I sure hope MrsBlue likes Hawaii and then maybe I can talk her into it as a possible retirement location (at least part time).

Also, I spent a few hours poolside this afternoon...if I'm going to Hawaii I need a tan.  If only I could get my body in shape to look good in my Speedo (LOL...I wear Boardshorts).  However, I do need to drop a pound or two before heading to the island...don't want to look like a tourist (all pasty white [no tan] and FAT).  Now matter if i lose weight or not, I'm still heading to the beaches for Locals Watch Out!

The transition back to this time zone has went off without a hitch.  I have slept pretty good so far...trying to keep myself tired so that I can easily fall asleep.   

No comments: