Galveston

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

~400

What does the number 400 mean to you?  Does it have any meaning at all or is it just a number.  Well 400 has NEW meaning to me and theBoss.  

Approximately 400...yes, you heard that right!  Approximately 400 Fallen Warriors have crossed the ramp here at our undisclosed location in Southwest Asia since our arrival last summer.  With 10 months down and the Spring fighting beginning to heat up, this number will surely increase over the next 2 months.  Not what I want to see or hear about, but if it's 400 for US, what is the number for the Taliban and Al Qaeda?  Substantially MORE!


Just yesterday, we had the anniversary of the OKC bombing.  What a tragedy that was.  When people talk about "where were you when..." I remember this day very well.  I was TDY (yes away from home again) in our national's capital -- Washington DC working for the FAA.  However, I couldn't think of anything more important than getting in touch with MrsBlue because she worked downtown when this event happened.  I worried so much she was either down in the area or passing by that I wanted to make sure she was all right.  After a few hours of trying to reach her, I finally did...she was okay (PTL).


Now we are taking the business of warfare to the bad guys.  We are taking to their homes vs having it brought to us.  With over 3500 days since "9-11", we are continuing our resolve to help out the people of this world make it a better place.


Today I took some pictures of "presents" we deliver to our Taliban friends...Hope you enjoy them...each and every one!


From Southwest Asia with LOVE
MiB





1 comment:

Bettina said...

Love the "SPECIAL deliveries" and I too remember that April day in OKC...