Galveston

Friday, April 08, 2011

69

WoooooHooooo....I'm in the sixties!!!!

Today, I hit another milestone and only have 69 days remaining. While I am NOT counting down, I AM making evey day count. With only 69 days remaining, how do I get it all accomplished before I pull chocks? I'm not sure, but I will be working fevorishly to try :)

What is weighing on my mind most heavily is that I haven't been picked up for another CCM gig. What's up with that? I think I still have a lot to offer as a CCM, but no takers. We'll see as things count down

However, not all is lost. I have a placeholder assignment in the frosty North. If not picked up, we'll be off to Elmendorf AFB Alaska! Brrrrrrr. But we are looking forward to the job. It'll be back as a Comm Chief...fun dealing with IT!

While I'm riding high on the future and my last few weeks here, sadness is creeping in. Tonight, myFriend, probably best friend here, is heading on his R&R and will be gone for 15+ days. It will be boring without him around. But I know he needs the rest!!! He has been working too hard and needs some down time. He is heading to Europe to relax and I'm sure have a few brewski's. It's good to know he willl be enjoying life, but I will be missing the discussions we will not get to have.

Therefore, I hope you enjoy Europe.

No comments: