Galveston

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Day 14 - Dinner with the SELs

After a long day of meetings upon meetings upon meetings, I finally made it out of the office to dinner with my fellow SELs (CMSgts, SGMs, MCPOs).  We had food from down town (swarma is what they called them).  They were very tasty and I enjoyed the company.  

I guess I'm the guy they get to pick on!  Maybe because I'm new or because of the Wing.  Either way, they are a great bunch of guys and gals!  I really appreciate them and how close they are.  When you have leadership hanging out together, it sure makes life a lot better.  

Today was also a good look into the Bosses vector for the next year.  Did I mention I really like this leadership team?  The CC and CV are GREAT people and have a vision to take us a long way this year.  I'm blessed to be along for the ride...

For those that like history, you should look up the Wing.  We have a very rich history of war fighting.  In fact, the current CV is the grandson of the pilot of the Enola Gay.  Yes, you hear me correctly...THE pilot of the Enola Gay from WWII.  His grandfather, Paul Tibbets, was the pilot who dropped Little Boy on Hiroshima.   


BTW:  we are making history ourselves each and every day!!!!  What a great mission, place and PEOPLE!

No comments: