Galveston

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 21 – Dinner time!

Day 21 – Dinner time!

Dinner time is always interesting here! For some reason, I haven't been able to connect with a group of people to have dinner with on a regular basis. So I seem to be "alone" when I go to the chowhall (yes, I know that's not PC...but it will always be a chowhall to me and not a DFAC).

Well, back to dinner time...so every time I head to eat I realize after I walk in that I need to find a dinner partner or group. So I eagerly scan the room for some people to sit with. I think they are looking at me too, wondering if I am going to sit down with them. It's really funny when they begin to eat faster so I won't sit with them :) It's funny how people are, but I sure love them.

Once I have selected the "Stucky Group", I then grab a seat and just see how life is for them.

Over the past week, I have eaten with just about every of person we have on base. From POL to SFS to Austrilian to Army...that was my dinner mates tonight.

It's funny how things come up with just a little conversation. One of the first things I like to know is if everything is all right and if there is anything I can do. Tonight, the soldiers said they recognized me, but didn't know my name...I like it that way. It's even better when they don't know who I am at all.

During tonight's table talk I found out these guys were having some Comm problems. Imagine that...having Comm problems and talking to an old Comm guy! So, I'm going to look into seeing what can be done. No need in doing long term work arounds for things like this. Let's get it fixed or move on to something better.

I sure hope the Comm Sq can help these guys out. Right now, they have to make a daily 50 mile round trip to another location to take care of business.

There is nothing more rewarding than being able to HELP our Airmen, Soldier, Sailors, Guardians and Marines. Just linking the right people together...it's what I do!

No comments: