Galveston

Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 26 - Wing Walker

This wing is BLESSED beyond measure!  No doubt about it, we have a great leader who LOVES the people, the mission and walks with the right faith.  

Tonight, we had a visitor to meet as they flew through our locale.  I went along with the boss for morale support and "in case" he needed someone to help him out.  After arriving on the flight line, we realized it was going to be close quarters parking the C-130.


Here comes the HELP....the boss asks me if I have ever walked a wing!  Of course, I say SURE...do it all the time (no, I told him...NEVER, but give me a quick lesson and I'm on it).  So he walks me out to the wingtip (on the ground) of a C-17 and says...don't let the parking plane come within 10 feet of this wing!  

No sweat!!! until the C-130 comes rolling around the corner towards me!!!!!   Watch out...we don't need a class A flight mishap.  Good thing the flight crew were paying attention (along with my fudging the distance to about 20 feet), they moved right on through and parked the plane.


I am now certified to be a Wing Walker...(on the flight line ground only).  Remember, please don't try these stunts at home...they are FUN!

No comments: