Galveston

Thursday, July 01, 2010

M1 - W2 - D4 (Day 12) -- Mentorship

Today I had the opportunity to go an visit with our Rising 6 group.  This is a dedicated group of Airmen and NCOs, who want to better the organization and environment we live in.  In fact, they are driven by "making things better".  Today, they recognized a leader who has been a mentor to them.  Their selection process is for one of the members to nominate a SNCO who has demonstrated the true meaning of mentorship.  The executive council then selects the best individual and they present that SNCO with a certificate.  


Here, the President of the Rising 6, TSgt Haygood, and myself are recognizing MSgt Sander for being one of those SNCOs who give a little more in develping our Airmen. 


It's kind of funny how things work out.  I find myself spending LOADS of time with two groups of people...not on purpose but somehow when I go somewhere these are the people I meet.  I find myself gravitating to Cops and Comm!  I'm not sure, but maybe I have a radar that drives me in their direction OR they just seem to be the ones who have the most need!!!!  


Any who, it is fund and I've almost made it two weeks.  Tomorrow is another day of In Processing.  Yes, I too have to get myself in processed into the unit/base so that I know and understand the specific requirements of the base and area.  It's about 3 hours of Right Start briefings then I have a little break before taking another class to get me ready to "fly" with some of the crews.  I am SOOOOO looking forward to this opportunity...flying with the Airmen who are executing the mission in the skies above the bad guys.  Hopefully, in a week or so, I'll get my first flight aboard some aircraft which operates from this location.  What mission should be my FIRST?

No comments: