Galveston

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Day 15 - Running at Breakneck Speed

Today is the 4th of July!!!!  YAHOOOOOOOOO...So I decided to start the day off right with a little 5K!  Temperature was fantastic, cool for here, and a nice morning to run.  Even though I have some pain in my foot (heel is killing me), I thought "What's 3.1 miles running on my toes?"  Well, after not running for some time, I would say TOUGH!  Because of the pain, I didn't run a fast race...21:24.

However, the run was good and the Boss showed up too.  It's nice to have a boss who likes what you like and is engaging with the people.  No pomp and circumstances here...just normal good ol' boys enjoying what we do...serving our country and Airmen!

However, the day ended on a sad note...two Fallen Warriors came through.  The price of freedom is as high today as it was when we fought for our independence some 200+ years ago.  

 

No comments: