Galveston

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 23 - Back from a little trip

Back from a little trip to one of our sites this morning.  Got to spend a little time seeing how people live in another location and realize it's VERY nice here in comparison to other locations...can you say very austere there!!!

However, the Airmen assigned working with the Navy and Army are making a go of it.  It was VERY steamy (humidity that did not stop all day...like 100%).  I was wringing wet all day long like I had the flood gates opening.  I felt like the Axe commercial

It was a great trip for a small team.  I even met up with an old friend Dave Spector from AMC.  I thought I was going to miss him since I was out of town, but we ended up at the same place...funny how things like that happen.

Back to the Airmen...it kind of reminded me of the 3rd Herd days...that kind of living in a deployed environment.  In fact, I met a few 5th Mob guys and a 3rd Herder...interesting life they STILL lead.

Let's just say, it's nice to be deployed, but many have it rougher than I do...no complaining here, only a realization...

Thanks to those who serve is difficult situation...my hat is off to you!



No comments: