Galveston

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 20 - New Guys Arriving

After a fallen warrior ceremony, a flight arrived of New Personnel.  Watching them get off the plane, they looked VERY tired.  So after shaking over 100 hands, I decided to help the young Airmen "throw bags" to unload the aircraft.

It was great talking with the new arrivals and seeing where they were from and what they do.  I ran into three very young Airmen from the 3rd Herd.  They were kind of funny and I wondered if that was me back in 1989 when I was on my first deployment?  I also met a few new Contracting types and some POL guys and gal.  

I sure hope I didn't scare the POL Airmen with the numbers I was throwing around about the amount of fuel we deliver/pump here.  However, a few of these POL Airmen were from Whiteman...that's Knob Noster Missouri, population 123 Salute.  lol

 

No comments: